Attractiveness and Depth of Conversation - Analyzed
I've got a new saying. It's called OHOHM.
Something like "Well yeah you know, he WAS cute.. but you know.. OHOHM.."
That's an acronym for Until He Opened His Mouth.
To call a girl or guy attractive, it must be the whole package. The way he carries himself, the way he speaks and the “air” about him that people use to define “attractive”.
In previous conversations with my mates, confidence has featured highly, which lends credibility to the whole “air” idea, in that a guy or girl has to have a certain “air” about him to warrant being attractive. And to the guys reading this… I don’t think farting is creating the air that I’m talking about.
Call me ker-azy, but I hardly think cocking the leg and peeling one off is a great way to make a good first impression.
Look at me. Resorting to low-brow jokes. Anyway…Then there’s the whole “Must have a sense of humour” thing. Yeah, we all want that. Especially from that one that drives the BMW, has a huge bank account, and nice behind.
It’s almost like trying to be a jack-of-all-trades, just so you can make that good first impression, and then you can let go and One Cheek Sneak to your heart’s content.
But, I will leave you with the final anecdote. It’s probably best described in conversation form: (guy's point-of-view)
-FRIENDS-
Girl: You know, [insert name of guy]. You’re a cute guy. You’ll be swamped in Aussie.
Guy: Thanks [insert name of girl ].
Girl: Oh yeah, totally. You just look so different nowadays. It’s like a totally new you has come out since January, and it’s most beautiful.
Guy: Yeah. Actually… you look kinda different, too.
Girl: Yeah? How?
Guy: Yeah. Hey… when did you start wearing contacts?
Girl: I haven’t worn contacts. I don’t wear them.
Guy: So… you’re not wearing your glasses, either…
Girl: No…
Guy: So, you’re not seeing that clearly at the moment, are you?
Girl: Er… no, not really…
Guy: Excuse me.
Guy then exits to go to the Men’s room, figuring that maybe turning his face into one of those Magic Eye things from 1995 would make him more appealing to women.
I forgot what my point was. Oh yeah. Don’t fart until later.
___________________________________________________________________
I've devised a formula on how to know whether the conversation is deep or not.
Depth of Conversation = Level of Disagreement
People you're conversing with may think that your conversation is "deep" because you're not talking about boy bands, celebrity gossip and the like.
Cy and I have been friends for about a year now. We have had countless “fights” about religion, as we call them. It’s not like we’re screaming at each other, but it’s more along the lines that we’re both stubbornly opinionated, and we both look for any possible reason to explain our side of the story. It often involves a lot of conjecture, which probably isn't the best thing...
Whether telling someone they played a “good shot” in pool is technically a compliment, or some shallow form of positive reinforcement can actually be a stimulating conversation. For me, at least. Cy probably thinks I’m an idiot.
But oftentimes it’s the conversation in where you disagree with the other person that draws the most thinking, and therefore (in my personal definition) “deeper” discourse.
And it’s all the more fun if the person you’re talking to is of a particular short fuse…But this has all distracted me from.Oliver James.
Oh, and I think I should add in here that you can have a heap of fun with a "shallow" conversation.
I again, forgot my point...
Gawd, I’ve just re-read this entry…
my brain has a bizarre train of thought…


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home