Saturday, November 12, 2005

It Comes Down to Two Things.

[I am not really thinking, just typing away - so please pardon my blog for today. woah. that rhymed.:)]

Not everyone does "the blog thing". Not everyone writes a journal. Not everyone spends alot of time in thought.

Or maybe they just don't tell us.

It seems like some people don't do that stuff because they don't need to, and from this, I've deduced 2 things.

I'm either:

a)retarded
b)a super hero


Let's explore these two answers..

If you look at fairy tales, songs, and paintings from the past, they portray a picture of society during that time. The hippy music in the 70's and the political messages they brought, the realism in renaissance art and the bold step in Science to reach that realism, the story of Oliver Twist and... Something… I don't know, I can't remember my literature lectures. The same stuff is going on now with our songs, tales and the visual medium. Songs being our crappy rap, hip-hop, and techno music and it's rape of talent, melody, emotion, and message in music so that we get a stripped down base-line and drum beat with no depth at all(do I sound bitter?). Paintings have been taken over by advertisements; fairy tales by movies.

Movies do borrow from original story telling, such as books, and also dip into the graphic novel or "comic book". I never got into comic books, but I cherished those Archie/ Betty and Veronica issues I had.

Now if you've seen Kill Bill, I'm sorry. It was over-hyped. Sure it had some cool references in there, but watching it again, I prefer pulp fiction. Out of the two kill bill films, I'd say it's really only worth watching again for the end: Bill's speech. If you have seen the movie then you'll know I am talking about his superman speech. It was a good one and I'm kind of dipping in that.

Mine's a little different though.

My problem is that I over-analyze this and over-analyze that, thinking and rethinking about situations, actions, and the like. I don't seem to have a firm grasp on some of these thoughts. Lack of confidence probably plays a roll. A little bit of a perfectionist? I guess.

Or maybe I'm just a superhero and don't realize it yet.

Let's look at batman. Though batman wasn't really "super", he was just filthy rich, we'll call him one for this example. Batman is a crime fighter who's driven by avenging his parent's death. This avenging thing makes him ruthless with criminals which make him most feared. Revenge isn't the greatest thing to be motivated by - and Batman questions this. I'll reference a movie again to help you. Batman Begins was completely about the morals of Batman and why he should fight the good fight. Now, it took him that whole span of the movie to figure out that he should be fighting for good, not for revenge. Meanwhile, his best buddy, Katie Holmes, told him the damn answer right at the beginning. She knew how things should work. She GOT IT.

Batman struggled. Katie didn't.
Batman's a superhero. Katie is that girl from Dawson's Creek.

Let's look at Spiderman and the first Spiderman movie. His uncle told him right at the beginning to be careful of what he is to become and with "great power comes great responsibility" yadah yadah. I guess in this situation you could say that the uncle had the upper hand. He's older, he's been through this shit. Or he could've been like Katie, he got it. He just knew.

Now if you look at those characters as reflecting on society, does it not seem like a lot of people are struggling with issues? What is good, what is bad, what I should do blah blah blah. But who are these people that just get it? Do they represent the wisdom of our friends and families?

Now, from where I'm standing, it seems like there are people out there that just "know". They don’t need long winded conversations or debates or blogs to figure stuff out. Now, that's not saying these people are all good people, and maybe that's the problem we have today. Not enough people think things through, so we end up with douchebags roaming amongst us. There’s also a group of people that DO struggle with thoughts of moral and value and actions and whatnot.

They must be superheros. They fit the superhero equation.

regular joe
+
some sort of mental struggle and hard to grasp concept
+
radioactive something
=
superhero

That or

B) I'm retarded and simply can't grasp at things such as moral and value as easily as others.

Only time will tell....



PS: my sister told me she sees her mental calendar as being linear, but in different colors for different periods in her life. So I'm guessing I’m not the only crazy one! :D I guess it just runs in the family. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsk... ang labo nga... hahahaha!!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home